[asterisk-users] OT - How to organize TFTP root directory ?

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Thu Oct 22 10:15:40 CDT 2009

#2 might be possible, but there's a lot of "depends on" factors.

The ISC dhcpd often packaged in linux distributions has the ability to
specify different dhcp options to different "pools" of addresses. You
can then assign clients to pools based on a substring match of their mac
address. This then requires that the client (phone) will use the URL
specified in dhcp option 66. With all this put together you can assign
each brand of phone to its own pool/options where the options point it
to a URL containing the firmware for that brand of phone.

I do this with my polycom phones and it works well. Don't know if it
works with other brands of phones.

-Dave