[asterisk-users] Concurrent calls including mysql taking lot of time for execution

das sandesh sandesh440 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 00:52:34 CDT 2009

There were 2 problems that we faced, one was at around 50 calls, few calls
were just dead air, and when I saw the logs I could see that it was sent to
the sip provider and after that there was no log for that particular call
that was having dead air, but at around 200 to 250, we could see that
MySQL(Connect connid <ipaddr> uname pwd db) statement took around 5-10 sec
to connect to the database and then the 2 queries in that code got executed
pretty fast (1-2sec), and so here we had the dead air untill the call got
connected (after 5-10sec).

We also monitored the processor usage and it was around 15-20% CPU and
memory was around 300M to 400M, so we concluded that it was not the hardware
issue.....based on all of your opinions i will try to see whether I can use
any other language and try to do those operations.....Thanks for all of your
information!