[asterisk-users] Searching on how to keep local calls... local

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:26:01 CDT 2009

Your best option without a local asterisk server is to set up the remote
server to do reinvites when calls are going local->local

The calls will end up routed through your internet router, but not beyond
that.

Downside: might have to make each ip phone available via port forwards

If you're really set against a local asterisk server, maybe try some other
sip proxy software running on a small embedded computer (wrt54gl nslu2 )