[asterisk-users] troubleshooting NAT

Martin asterisklist at callthem.info
Tue Oct 20 21:02:29 CDT 2009

if you're using SIP then you look at SIP headers ... SDP part
from INVITE's and 200 OK to INVITE. You check what IP/port is used for RTP
and then you can try to get some packet dump with tcpdump/wireshark
and maybe configure your router
so it works.... it's the first thing to look for ...

you can also try to use the stun server ... asterisk has it built in
...never used it but saw it's there

Martin