[asterisk-users] High Volume Call Center SIP versus IAX2

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Oct 20 16:26:43 CDT 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Robert Grignon wrote:

> I wont say we are extremely high volume (40 concurrent calls) but I get
> occasional complaints about quality.
>
> Is IAX2 the way to go or would SIP trunking be better.

IAX gets my vote -- especially within the same shop.

One client maxes out at around 100 concurrent calls and they are extremely
picky. No complaints about audio quality.

I have another client that maxes out at around 300 concurrent calls. They
complain a bit about audio quality during their peaks, but they don't want
to spend any money to see if IAX is the problem.

IAX is efficient and easy to configure.

--
Thanks in advance,