[asterisk-users] AMI 1.0 -> 1.1 with originate.

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Tue Oct 20 08:40:56 CDT 2009

Guillaume Yziquel escribió:
> Hello.
>
> I wrote a piece of code for AMI 1.0, to originate some calls. The code
> is (in OCaml):
>

>>             string_of_lines [
>>               "Action: originate";
>>               ("Channel: "^(Configuration.dial_campaign_item campaign_item));
>>               "WaitTime: 30";
>>               "CallerId: appel <XXXXXXXX>";
>>               "Exten: receiver";
>>               "Context: receiving";
>>               "Async: true";
>>               ("ActionID: "^unique_identifier)]
>>

> It used to work fine with the AMI 1.0, but now, with 1.1., I get
>

>> Response: Error
>> ActionID: 1256035727.29741096
>> Message: Permission denied
>>

> So what is this permission issue? Where are the changes from 1.0 to 1.1
> documented?
>
> All the best,

When I was testing asterisk 1.6.0.X with the AMI Originate action, I
fell into the same issue as you. I found that it was that the
permissions now are more fine-grained, and to have the ability to
originate a call you need to set additional write permissions compared
to the 1.4.X AMI.

A quick look of asterisk 1.6.0.X manager.conf.sample can give you the
answer:

; Authorization for various classes
;
; Read authorization permits you to receive asynchronous events, in general.
; Write authorization permits you to send commands and get back
; following classes exist:
;
; system    - General information about the system and ability to run system
;             management commands, such as Shutdown, Restart, and Reload.
; call      - Information about channels and ability to set information in a
;             running channel.
; log       - Logging information.  Read-only.
; verbose   - Verbose information.  Read-only.
; agent     - Information about queues and agents and ability to add queue
;             members to a queue.
; user      - Permission to send and receive UserEvent.
; config    - Ability to read and write configuration files.
; command   - Permission to run CLI commands.  Write-only.
; dtmf      - Receive DTMF events.  Read-only.
; reporting - Ability to get information about the system.
; cdr       - Output of cdr_manager, if loaded.  Read-only.
; dialplan  - Receive NewExten and VarSet events.  Read-only.
*; originate - Permission to originate new calls.  Write-only.*
;
;read =
system,call,log,verbose,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan
;write = system,call,agent,user,config,command,reporting,*originate*

When I put the originate permission on the write settings of my AMI
user, everything went fine.

To find more documentarion about the changes from AMI 1.0 to 1.1 take a
look of these files on your asterisk source code:

UPGRADE-1.6.txt
doc/manager_1_1.txt

Hope it solves your issue.

Cheers,