[asterisk-users] IMAP voicemail using subfolders fails.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Oct 20 08:36:55 CDT 2009

Barry L. Kline wrote:

> I'm thinking this is a bug.   I just changed the delimiter to '/' and
> then the file that * attempted to open was vm-#voicemail/INBOX.  I
> created a subdirectory vm-#voicemail and linked vm-INBOX.gsm to
> vm-#voicemail/INBOX.gsm and now I get my proper prompt for changing folders.
>
> Either I'm attempting to do something funky with my configuration or the
> code needs to look for vm-INBOX.gsm regardless.  Any suggestions?

That's a bug; the IMAP folder prefix should not be used in construction
of prompt names to be played back. Please open an issue on
issues.asterisk.org reporting this problem (and while you are there,
also mention that the 'imapfolder' configuration option is not
documented in voicemail.conf.sample, and that the usage of
imapfolder/imapparentfolder is confusing and should be clarified). Thanks!

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com