[asterisk-users] Syncronizing files on different Asterisk servers

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Oct 20 08:20:10 CDT 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote:

> Yeah i do have considered that option but the problem is that in if i have
> four servers server ie A,B,C,D... all cannot be servers ands clients at the
> same time. Thats the reason I am wondering any other solution

Well you already suggested that you would send all files to server A, so A
is your "server".  Now you just need to replicate that file store to the
other servers, with a tool like rsync.

Other options?  How about setting up A as a mounted file system on the
other servers, such that they all write to the same place.  Or perhaps
make it more complex and have a database that points to the files on their
respective servers, and your app then grabs the file it needs based on the
pointer it finds in the table.