[asterisk-users] delay in processing dtmf

Ioan Indreias indreias at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:19:37 CDT 2009

Have you used a mobile phone when you test the "fast speed DTMF sequence"?
We have found that in GSM network DTMF digits are sent out-of-band from the
terminal (despite the tones generated by phones) and are "injected" in-band
into the audio channel _but_ with some delays between digits. At least this
is the situation in Romania (Vodafone and Orange GSM networks).

HTH,
Ioan (Nini) Indreias
www.modulo.ro