[asterisk-users] update CDRs in mysql during a call

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Oct 19 12:42:36 CDT 2009

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, mickael ropars wrote:

> According to my readings CDRs are stored at the end of the call. My
> concerns is when asterisk goes down (I know that it's never happen but
> it's just in case) or when the is a power shutdown of the server. then
> CDRs are not stored in mysql. is there a way to store periodially CDR
> during a call, and set the periodical timer regarding the context.

In my application, each context represents a different "product." Each
product is billed at separate rates.

I use "resetcdr(w)" at the start of each context to log the time spent in
the previous context.

At the end of the call, I add up how much time was spent in each product
and rate the call.

--
Thanks in advance,