[asterisk-users] announcement tone to callees of app_page

Jeremy Kister asterisk-01 at jeremykister.com
Mon Oct 19 05:12:50 CDT 2009

using app_page on asterisk 1.6.1.6, as documented, the 'q' option only
determines if the caller is sent a 'beep' tone when conferencing.

is there a way (existing or someone sending me a patch) to also make
app_page beep all of the extensions being called?

someone adding an 'a' (announce tone) parameter to app_page would be perfect.

with auto-answer turned on with my cisco 7940 phones, i find it lethal that
someone can page my phone and listen to what i'm doing without me realizing
it (unless i look at the phone to see it's on speakerphone)

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./