[asterisk-users] Asterisk+Sphinx4 for simple mobile phone <-> server speech recognition

johny jj2 johnyjj2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 09:24:02 CDT 2009

Hello!

I need to:
1) call special number (or run special application) on mobile phone
2) establish connection between mobile phone and server
3) allow server to recognize spoken numbers (Polish language) and some other
control words
4) let the server to say some short answers (prerecorded in mp3) according
to some algorithm and recognized words
5) let the server to save little text file on its disc, based on recognized
words

At first I thought about using Asterisk with CMU Sphinx because I believe
this Asterisk+Sphinx solution is completely for free.

Somebody suggested me that it is the way of integrating Sphinx4
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Sphinx (however there are some things
which I cannot understand). He also told that Lumenvox+Asterisk is better
choice (but I can't find whether this Lumenvox is for free so I just sent
mail to them).

In general I'd like to know what I need to do or have on 1) mobile phone, 2)
server (unfortunately with Windows, not Linux).
1) a - is it simply calling special service number or b - running
application (e.g. MIDlet or app for Symbian) on mobile phone so I need to
write host (mobile phone) application?
2) a - Sphinx+Asterisk or b - Sphinx+LumenVox (I need free solution)
Is it the proper way to configure the server: 1. install Asterisk, 2. write
EAGI script and put it to Asterisk, 3. install and configure Sphinx4 ??

Thanks very much for your answer in advance!
Greetings!