[asterisk-users] SIP to IAX to SIP

George Farris farrisg at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 16 15:04:20 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a machine running Ubuntu that I run Asterisk 1.4.x on and it runs
very well.  On that machine I have a SIP phone.  I have configured a
netgear wgt634u with asterisk and a SIP phone and linked the two systems
together via IAX.  Audio from Ubuntu to netgear is not bad, audio from
netgear to ubuntu is unintelligible.  Any clues as to whether this will
work?  Configuration suggestions?  Is a 200MHz arm processor just too
small?

Any help appreciated.

sip phone <--> wgt634u  <----- iax -----> ubuntu <--> sip phone
wireless       200MHz arm                 3GHz AMD    hardwired 100MB

                     100MB lan between systems

Hope this is clear enough.

Cheers
George