[asterisk-users] Where to find IMAP storage doc ?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:59:56 CDT 2009

>> We're also working fine with it but I also do not know what the
>> available imapflags are and what they mean. I have seen notls and
>> novalidatecert.  Out of curiosity, I spent the last 20 minutes googling
>> for information on c-client imapflags and didn't find any definitions or
>> even a simple list, either.  There is a list of flags in the c-client
>> man page but they seem to be a different set of flags.  Let me know what
>> you find as I would like to know what functionality and options they
>> give us.

I'd recommend compiling c-client from source.  I've never run Lenny
before, but I had a number of issues with various pre-compiled
versions of c-client.  I feel your pain on lack of documentation for
compiling from source, though.  The magic steps for me on CentOS were:

1. Modify the EXTRACFLAGS line of the uw-imap makefile:

EXTRACFLAGS=-DDISABLE_POP_PROXY=1 -DIGNORE_LOCK_EACCES_ERRORS=1
-I/usr/include/openssl -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall
-Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-parentheses

(I think this is all I had to modify, but I can send you my complete
working Makefile, if you like).

2. Compile for your platform:

For lenny, I think it would be:
make ldb

3. For asterisk, manually configure the location of uw-imap:

./configure --with-imap=/path/to/imap

- Noah