[asterisk-users] Linux/Asterisk on game consoles?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:33:43 CDT 2009

>> I don't know much about game consoles, and I was wondering if someone
>> had successfully ported Linux and Asterisk to the current hardware,
>> ie. Nintendo Wii, Sony PS3, or Microsoft XBox360?

The Xbox is an x86 machine, so running linux and/or asterisk on it
should not be too difficult.  There's even a not-so-difficult method
of adding a USB port, which would allow you to attach Xorcom hardware
for PSTN connections.

The Xbox360 is a PowerPC machine.  I don't know what the status of
having it run *nix is, but there's a site dedicated to it here:
http://www.free60.org

For the wii, there's: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Linux

- Noah