[asterisk-users] OT Old Sipura OK - Linksys (junk)

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 11:33:48 CDT 2009

I have two old Sipura 3000 original (green) boxes and they are running perfectly faxes going through, no echo.
Firmware 2.0.13(GWg), hardware 	2.0.1(1813)
Does the number in the bracket means anything?

In addition I have Linksys 3000 running the same firmware and same hardware (except the number in the bracket).
I can not get to work correctly.  The unit has a lot of echo, can not get rid of it, faxes will not go through.
Newer firmware 3.1.10 is buggy so I'll not try it; I've loaded 3.1.20 and it will not work correctly can not dial out without on default setting (have to set
the SPA to PSTN high).
So in other words Linksys unit (at least this model) is a piece of junk.

Does anybody runs Linksys 3102 with Cisco firmware 5.1.10?  How do they run?

I have two units Linksys 3102 with firmware 5.1.7(GW) hardware: 1.4.5(a)
and I'm not impress with them either, lot of echo as well.
Maybe that is why they sold the unit to Cisco as they can not make it to work correctly :-/

Any recommendation where to move from here, which unit to buy for use with Asterisk?

--
Joseph