[asterisk-users] Asterisk with a Cisco AS5300 gateway

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:09:10 CDT 2009

>>>  destination-pattern .T
>
>> What does "destination-pattern .T" mean? I'm not familiar with what
>> ".T" would match. I would suggest using a more specific pattern that
>> you expect to be coming down the line.

One or more characters (up to 31 characters), waiting "timeouts
inter-digit" before sending.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/dial_peer/dp_plan.html

You could be more specific, if you know what is always going to be
coming down the line, like 503....... if you only have Oregon numbers,
and get 10 digits from the provider.  T is useful for outbound calls
with a trunk number such as 9T because you never know what number
those crazy users will try to call.

-Jonathan