[asterisk-users] DS3 capacity calls using asterisk

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Oct 15 14:27:27 CDT 2009

---- "das sandesh" <sandesh440 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,

We are trying to implement a DS3 capacity calls (672 concurrent calls) using asterisk server. I wanted to ask are there any compatible DS3 cards with asterisk? I tried searching a lot but could find DS3000P from digium but unable to get this product. Does anybody have any idea of having any DS3 card in asterisk box so as to handle around 600 calls?

Thanks
Sandesh

Putting aside the obvious question of "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT ALMOST 700 CALLS HANDLED ON **ONE** ASTERISK BOX"... ...

Sangoma makes a DS3 card but it is not channelized for voice usage. We had a conversation with them at one point for a particular project and if I recall they do have a solution for running channelized voice over DS3. Give them a call or email, they are incredibly responsive and 'know their stuff'.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105