[asterisk-users] best way to make 5-10 simultaneous calls to the same did at a set time of day

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Oct 15 12:01:57 CDT 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Eric Fort wrote:

> I need for asterisk to call me at a predetermined number once a day at a
> predetermined time and once connected to me make 5-10 simultanious calls
> to a DID filling all available channels.  What is the best way to do
> this? Eric

What's "best" for you may not be "best" for me.

How will you know how many calls to make?

Probably the easiest (requiring the least knowledge and labor) would be to
use cron to schedule a script that would create a call file in /tmp/ and
then move it to Asterisk's outgoing directory.

Your call file would call you and then jump into your dialplan where you
would use system() to create the remaining call files and then dump you
into a meetme conference.

The remaining call files would call the DID and then jump into your
dialplan where you would dump the calls into your meetme.

If you have the skills, AMI (scheduled by cron) would probably be "best."

--
Thanks in advance,