[asterisk-users] sporadic one-way audio

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Oct 15 11:41:34 CDT 2009

We have several offices running Asterisk version 1.4.20.1, and OSLEC
with Rhino R4FXO-EC and one running a Digium TDM800P card for interface
to analog lines.  All offices are running Snom 300 phones.  Phones all
have static addresses and are on the same physical network as the server.

The problem we are having is that every so often we get someone calling
in where we can hear their voice, but they can't hear us.  If we
immediately call them back everything is fine.  The problem affects all
offices and also happens when making sip to sip calls from one snom 300
to another.

In addition we periodically have calls that drop off in the middle of a
conversation like the connection was lost.  I haven't been able to
replicate any of these problems and the people that are having them
can't seem to keep track of when they occur so I can go back and look in
the logs.

I suspect that both problems may be related though.  Possibly a
registration issue?  Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Brent Davidson