[asterisk-users] Asterisk with a Cisco AS5300 gateway

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:26:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Phibee Network Operation Center
<noc at phibee.net> wrote:
> dial-peer voice 10 voip
>  destination-pattern .T
>  session protocol sipv2
>  session target ipv4:IP_OF_ASTERISK:5060
>  session transport udp
>  dtmf-relay rtp-nte
>  codec g711alaw
>  no vad
> !
> dial-peer voice 42 pots
>  destination-pattern .T
>  direct-inward-dial
>  port 0:D

What does "destination-pattern .T" mean? I'm not familiar with what
".T" would match. I would suggest using a more specific pattern that
you expect to be coming down the line.

> Actually, a Tcpdump on my Asterisk server don't see any trafic between
> asterisk and cisco
> and when i call a phone number that arrives on the E1, it's "busy"

Doesn't see any traffic when? When the asterisk tries to call the
Cisco? That would suggest you have a sip.conf misconfiguration on
asterisk.

No traffic when the Cisco tries to call the asterisk? That could be
for a number of reasons. I would suggest your destination-pattern
could be bad, since I don't know what that syntax means. If an E1
works like a PRI T1, when you dial in, a DNIS is getting pushed to the
Cisco, and that's what you should match your destination-pattern on.
Regardless, SOMETHING is getting pushed down the wire when an E1 call
comes in, and you're getting a busy because Cisco has no matching
dial-peers.

Finally, it's rather embarrassing that you're asking this from a
'network operations center' email address. How about using a personal
email address with your real name?