[asterisk-users] Cisco router

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:56:30 CDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I didn't have any model in mind, just wondering
> what was required.

If you haven't purchased anything yet, or don't have anything, it
might serve you better to look at other products.  While the Cisco
2800s that we use "work" with Asterisk, we use them because that's
what we had.  I would look at an AudioCodes M1000, or an Adtran 908e
or the like.  I don't have any experience with E1, but I would guess
that there is some support for them by those devices.  The AudioCodes
is about the same cost as a new Cisco solution, but the Adtran would
probably be a lot less.  I haven't had a chance to play with Adtran
and Asterisk, but you can register at their website and play with all
of the CLI / GUIs for all the devices which is really cool.

-Jonathan