[asterisk-users] Config Files

C. Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Wed Oct 14 13:57:36 CDT 2009

At 10:39 AM on 14 Oct 2009, Matt wrote:

> Greetings,
> I have a fresh asterisk installation.  When I install I get all of the
> config files.  What is the best way to get a 'stripped' down system
> with just the bare config files I would need to do a sip connection?

In my experience, this was a bit of a procedure.  But I thought it was
worth it to reduce clutter.

Basically, you need to find out which modules you need, and set
"autoload=no" in modules.conf, and then load (with "load=xxx.so") each
module individually, making sure you've also loaded each module's
dependencies.  Finding these dependencies was a bit of leg work.  I
don't remember where I figured that out... sorry.

Then you need to find out which modules need which configuration files,
and then delete the rest of them...

To get you started, I've attached my modules.conf (with sparse
comments), and here's a list of the files in my /etc/asterisk directory:

asterisk.conf
cdr.conf
cdr_custom.conf
extensions.ael