[asterisk-users] Bridge command in 1.6

Matthew Harrell lists-sender-6a8aaf at bittwiddlers.com
Tue Oct 13 13:08:37 CDT 2009

Hi.  I'm using Debian's 1.6.2.0 version of asterisk and trying to get an
understanding of bridging two lines together.  I've seen the documentian
on the bridge command but a good example would probably help me more.
At the moment we have a number of SIP lines, one DAHDI line, and an IAX2
line that incoming calls can originate from.  All the local phones are
SIP.  What I would like to do is have someone answer the phone and connect
to the caller and then someone else could pick up their phone line and,
say, hit *0 and be bridged into the conversation.  I'm basically looking
for the equivalent to a number of phones in the house where anyone can
pick one up and join in but I don't want the users to have to go through
too many hoops.  Is this essentially what the bridge command would provide
and, if so, would the channel in that case be the originating call channel
or the other local SIP channel?

I've seen what appear to be similar things with meetme but I was hoping to
would be more seemless to the user

Thanks for any help

--
  Matthew Harrell