[asterisk-users] Call Recording and Posting

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Tue Oct 13 02:00:47 CDT 2009

Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Dan Journo wrote:
>

>> To avoid the problem of deleting/copying calls that are still being
>> recorded, I could record the call into a temp directory. Then using the
>> dial plan, I could copy the temp recording into the ftp root directory
>> once the call has ended.
>>

> True, but if you need to execute a process at the end of the call, why not
> make it an AGI and hide all the ugly details and keep your dialplan nice
> and clean and shiny and maintainable?
>
> Your recordings will be "instantly" available and the correct operation of
> your system does not depend on an externally scheduled external process
> involving clear-text passwords and obscure packages. Your successor will
> thank you :)

This is true, doing everything from inside an AGI script would be nicer,
the ugly part comes if you are tied to an old and ugly FTP server,
specially if its from a hosting provider that limits the connection
count to 2, or so. AGI+sshfs/scp/nfs/whateverfs... would be much more
clean&shiny (tm).

--
Iván Stepaniuk
Alba Fotónica S. L.