[asterisk-users] Asterisk to Asterisk access voicemail - not working

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:53:33 CDT 2009

On 10/12/09 13:29, Ivan Stepaniuk wrote:
>You are using the ATAs to access from one Asterisk to the other one?
>Wouldn't make sense to connect those two asterisk through SIP or IAX via
>Internet instead of calling via PSTN anyway?
>
>Anyway, In this case it seems that this is not asterisk related, try the
>several Sipura/Linksys settings  related to DTMF, also if the asterisk
>boxes are the only thing your ATA connects to, there is no point on
>using the "auto" mode.
>
>Check the "relaxed" dtmf setting on yhe linksys, and also check the
>Impedance, Rx and Tx gain, As well as the DTMF duration, All this
>"knobs" can mess up your DTMF tones if there is something wrong. Just
>
>--
>Iv?n Stepaniuk
>Alba Fot?nica S. L.
>www.albafotonica.com

Thanks for the input, I'll try play with Linksys units.
The Asterisk on the other end has no Internet connection so I need to use PSTN line.
One thing I've noticed on the other end there is a bit echo and TDMF tones playing a bit loud when pressing the buttons, it it PSTN to SPA Gain or SPA to
PSTN
Impedance is set to standard 600 but I'll try 900; but I've read from some sources that to find the correct match can be a "black art"
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

--
Joseph