[asterisk-users] SPRINTF option : format %1$s not supported

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Oct 12 05:51:31 CDT 2009

Hi,

With 1.6.1.7-rc2, doc says:
select*CLI>
  -= Info about function 'SPRINTF' =-

[Syntax]
SPRINTF(<format>,<arg1>[,...<argN>])

[Synopsis]
Format a variable according to a format string

[Description]
Parses the format string specified and returns a string matching that
format.
Supports most options supported by sprintf(3).  Returns a shortened string
if
a format specifier is not recognized.

I'm trying use sprintf option allowing to swap argument display according
format string.
More precisely, I'm trying to this "%1$s" specifier (which means "use 1st
argument").
Then, the reply is :
ERROR[3185]: func_strings.c:547 acf_sprintf: Format type not supported:
'%1$' with argument '1234'

Though the message is clear, before giving up, I thought I should ask here
if someone could successfully use the
"%1$s" specifier (which is very useful when you want to localize some
messages or output some command strings).

Regards