[asterisk-users] Zaptel problems on SuSE 9.3

Angus Asterisk asterisk at iteloffice.com
Sun Oct 11 15:21:19 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philipp Kempgen" <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Zaptel problems on SuSE 9.3

Angus Asterisk schrieb:

> It seems that the zaptel startup script does not work.  I noticed at
> startup
> the line:
> /etc/init.d/zaptel: line 40: /etc/init.d/functions: No such file or
> directory

Just some feedback which might be helpful.

The VIA box I am running on has an internal modem and I think that might
have had a resource clash with the Digium board.  So I disabled that plus
other hardware devices I din't need in the bios.

The zaptel startup script doesn't seem to work on suse so I added:
modeprobe wctdm
ztcfg -vvv
asterisk

in /etc/init.d/boot.local

I think Suse is probably a bit over the top for asterisk.  Too much stuff
running.  I might look at some really cut down linux distros.

What do other people use?