[asterisk-users] Method to use SOX inside a Dialplan

Bart Fisher bart at icpage.com
Sat Oct 10 17:25:32 CDT 2009

I'm trying create a feature that allows a callers to add more speech to his recording. I think this can be done inside a dialplan, but I can't find an example of how to do this.

Basically,after he records the primary message, a menu would play asking if he wants to append to this message.  If yes, then he would record a temp file with the additional message and when done, I want SOX to add the temp message to the primary message making it one larger message.

Would you mind showing me an example of how to run SOX inside the dialplan?

Thanks, Bart