[asterisk-users] Mp3 for IVR prompts

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Oct 10 13:17:28 CDT 2009

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, RSCL Mumbai wrote:

> How should I convert my .wav prompts into aLaw, uLaw, G729 ?

The standard Asterisk prompts are already available in a wide variety of
encodings.

Try "googling" for "asterisk convert mp3 to wav"

Some will suggest to use Asterisk. Besides appearing to use a sledgehammer
for a fly-swatter, I don't like using a mission critical resource when
there are better alternatives like sox -- especially for scripting.

g729 will be a bit of a bitch, however.

I cobbled up a script to use mpg123 (to convert from MP3 to WAV), sox,
and normalize.

--
Thanks in advance,