[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXP 2010 : multiple accounts not working

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sat Oct 10 11:58:22 CDT 2009

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, jonas kellens wrote:

> On my Grandstream GXP 2010 I have the possibility for 6 channels and
> thus 6 different accounts...
>
> Line 1 I define an account that registers directly to an online
> Asterisk-server, somewhere in a datacentre.
> Line 2 I define an account that registers to the local Asterisk-server
> (NSLU2 unslung)
>
> When I activate both accounts, only the first account (to the
> Asterisk-server on the internet) registers.
> When I only activate the first account, then the first account registers
> well to the public Asterisk-server on the internet.
> When I only activate the second, then the second account registers well
> to the local Asterisk-server (NSLU unslung).
>
> Is it normal that I can not use both accounts at the same time ?! One
> local and one to a public server ??

The times I've seen this fail have been when the phone is behind a router
with a broken SIP ALG. Make sure the ALG is turned off, if possible, and
look into using a STUN server to let them phone know how the NAT firewall
is working if the remote isn't behind a proxy. And if you are already
using STUN, make sure the phone isn't trying to use STUN for the internal
connection - it's programmable on a per-account basis in the GXP phones.

Gordon