[asterisk-users] delay to dial

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sat Oct 10 10:25:24 CDT 2009

B.Masoud @ SH wrote:
> I use elastix,
> I have this for dialout:
>
> exten => s,8,Dial(${OUT_${ARG1}}/${ARG2:${length}})
>
> where should I add the w ??

right before the dialed number
If I understand your code it should be:

exten => s,8,Dial(www${OUT_${ARG1}}/${ARG2:${length}})

Remember that, from day one, Asterisk does NOT listen for dial tone from
the PSTN, and the fix isn't glamorous enough for some smart coder to fix
it, so the "w" has to be inserted to overcome this serious defect.
Subject of threads many times over the years, with no interest in fixing it.
Multiple w's can be inserted
> also what If I want 1 second delay?

2 w's as shown
Remember that this is absolute, and depending on the response time and
More delay can be added, but that extends call setup time for every PSTN
call

John Novack

> thanks.

Dog is my co-pilot