[asterisk-users] ${REASON} not getting set.

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Fri Oct 9 15:27:42 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I've got a program that creates a callfile and most if it working great.
However, when a call fails, I'm trying to capture the reason, which I'm told
should be in the ${REASON} channel variable.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out

Here is an excerpt from the callfile:

Channel: local/155555555
Callerid:Tests <155555555>
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 1
WaitTime: 90
Account: Dialout
Context: Diaout
Extension: dialer

According to the wiki, this should work.

Here is my "failed" extension:

exten => failed,1,noop(======== Call to ${phone_number}  failed ${reason}

The call to noop works and this is what I see on the console:

-- Executing [failed at Dialout:1] NoOp("OutgoingSpoolFailed", "======== Call to
155555555  failed    ") in new stack
== Auto fallthrough, channel 'OutgoingSpoolFailed' status is 'UNKNOWN'
[Oct  9 14:16:50] NOTICE[29172]: pbx_spool.c:341 attempt_thread: Call failed
to go through, reason 0
[Oct  9 14:16:50] WARNING[15708]: pbx_spool.c:245 apply_outgoing: At least one
of app or extension must be specified, along with tech and dest in
file /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/t.call

Does this just not work?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.