[asterisk-users] Problem sending a DTMF remotely. Please need help!!

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Oct 8 15:13:40 CDT 2009

On 9/10/09 2:37 AM, Pablo Bernasconi wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> first of all thank you for your answer.
> The manager function PlayDTMF only generates sound, and the dialplan
> function SendDTMF only generates sound too, I´d prove it and the same
> result...
>
> So, how can I really send a DTMF to a channel?? and not just the audio..

I think the question is wrong.

Why do you want to send DTMF to the channel?

Surely it's because you're wanting Asterisk to somehow react to the DTMF.

But what is it you want it to do?

Surely it would make more sense to actually do what you want rather than
get DTMF to trigger it.

I.E. if you want to do a transfer, do a transfer or redirect etc.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director