[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Sheeva "wall wart".

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Oct 8 07:40:37 CDT 2009

Hey, all.  I'm seriously thinking about doing the VoIP thing at home.  The
perfect platform seemed to be the Sheeva "wall wart"
(http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp).
 It's a cute little doohicky with USB, SD-card, Ethernet, and runs on an
ARM CPU.  I'd like to avoid SIP to my provider, just 'cause it's always
such a drag going through NAT and so forth.  So I'd like to do IAX --
presumably a trunk (no?).  Unfortunately, the Asterisk install in the
Sheeva's Ubuntu distro doesn't have the IAX timing device.  So I compiled
Asterisk myself, and lo!  Ran into the same problem the package maintainer
probably did -- dahdi won't compile:
dahdi-base.c:1396: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct module'
(And lots more errors of that ilk.)

So:
1) Should I give up on IAX?
2) Do I need trunking?  (I assume so, but...)
3) Any idea what that error's about?  I, alas, am not a coder by trade.

Thanks much!

-Ken

believed to be clean.