[asterisk-users] Drop Call on ICMP Port Unreachable?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed Oct 7 19:05:01 CDT 2009

One of our users recently had a powerfail while connected to our meetme
gateway.  (Asterisk 1.4.17 on debian 4.0)

Through the course of it, asterisk never hung up.  His system came back
up, and started sending ICMP port unreachables, but the stream went on,
flooding him with "silence" media stream packets (there was nobody else in
the conference).

Is asterisk aware of ICMP unreachables?  Is there a tunable I can set to
make it be?

I found a thread here that discusses it briefly:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-March/086626.html

However, there's no real resolution there.

If it's not aware of it, how difficult would it be to add?

-Dan Mahoney