[asterisk-users] Need provider recommendations for the UK

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Oct 7 10:22:47 CDT 2009

Hi, I realise this is probably the wrong list for such a question, but I
need a pointer to somewhere I can get some feedback on experience of
(business class) voip providers for the UK?

Situation is that we are currently with Gradwell and use them for an
inbound/outbound single line for a business and their quality has gone
from excellent to abysmal in the last few weeks.  I'm sure they will
work it out, but right now I just need a reliable provider that I can
port a number to.  I'm not especially price sensitive, reliability is
the main requirement.  IAX preferred, but not fussy.  Possibly multiple
incoming numbers in future, single incoming at the moment - in general
we rarely have more than 1 line in use, but occasionally hit 2-3
simultaneous calls

Note, it's going to be important that we can port our number across from
Gradwell...

Grateful if anyone can offer some really solid recommendations, or point
me towards a more appropriate forum to request the same?

Thanks

Ed W