[asterisk-users] Peculiar error message when using Q-SIG

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Sun Oct 4 23:01:26 CDT 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 20:05:09 Richard Kenner wrote:
> I'm using QSIG between Asterisk and an NEC SV8300.  Whenever I make a call
> from the SV8300, I see:
>
> [Oct  4 21:02:49] ERROR[5729]: chan_dahdi.c:12226 dahdi_pri_error: !! <
> Unknown IE 50 (cs5, len = 3)
>
> I see an IE 50 in the Q.932 specification, so I don't understand why
> this error is occuring.

Because while the IE is technically known, it's unimplemented at the current
time.  However, we DO have a patch, if someone was available to test it, which
implements sending an authcode (which is what ie 50, an information request,
is usually about) when specified within a DAHDI dial string.  The other two
possible meanings are almost never seen, since they are for address digits,
which are sent in the SETUP packet, or terminal identification, which is
rarely used.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13828

The two patches attached on the issue apply against libpri branch 1.4 and
asterisk trunk, respectively.  Both are required.  Given that it's been 5
months since I first created the patches, I have redone them tonight, in order
to facilitate testing.

--
Tilghman Lesher