[asterisk-users] Calls being dropped - Cisco 7940 with SIP 8.12 image

James Stocks stocksy at stocksy.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 14:38:03 CDT 2009

On 3 Oct 2009, at 16:37, Jonathan Thurman wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 6:17 AM, James Stocks <stocksy at stocksy.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having with Cisco 7940
>> phones on the SIP 8.12 image.  When I place a call from one of the
>> handsets, the call proceeds as normal for 20 seconds and is then
>> terminated by Asterisk (1.4.26.2):
>>

> We are runing 08-12-00 on 7940/60s just fine (Asterisk 1.6.1.1), and
> have been for a while.
>

>> As far as I can tell, the 'a=silenceSupp:off - - - -' header is not
>> accepted by the 7940, which seems like a bug in the SIP image to me.
>> However, I can't find a way to report this problem to Cisco without a
>> support contract (which I do not have).  Reverting to version 7.5
>> fixes the problem, but it is still present in 8.11.  The problem is
>> not present if the PSTN initiates the call, nor is it present if I
>> allow the handsets to reinvite each other.  Here's the sip.conf
>> snippet if it helps:
>>

> That all looks fine to me.  What do your SIPDefault.cnf and
> SIP<MAC>.cnf files look like?
>
> -Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.  Here's the two files, SIPDefault.cnf:

# Image Version
image_version: "P0S3-8-12-00"

# Proxy Server
proxy1_address: "pabx.spruce" # IP address here alternatively

# Proxy Registration (0-disable (default), 1-enable)
proxy_register: "1"

# Setting for Message
messages_uri: "222"

# Time Server
sntp_mode: "unicast"
sntp_server: "snakebite.spruce" # IP address here alternatively
time_zone: "GMT"
dst_offset: "1"
dst_start_month: "March"
dst_start_day: ""
dst_start_day_of_week: "Sun"
dst_start_week_of_month: "4"
dst_start_time: "02"
dst_stop_month: "Oct"
dst_stop_day: ""
dst_stop_day_of_week: "Sunday"
dst_stop_week_of_month: "4"
dst_stop_time: "2"
dst_auto_adjust: "1"
date_format: "D/M/Y"

# XML file that specifies the dialplan desired
dial_template: "dialplan"

#Time Format (0-12hr, 1-24hr [default])
time_format_24hr: "1"

# URL for external Phone Services
services_url: "http://pabx.spruce/openxmldir/PhoneUI/index.php" # IP
address here alternatively

# URL for external Directory location
directory_url: "http://pabx.spruce/openxmldir/PhoneUI/index.php" # IP
address here alternatively

# URL for branding logo
logo_url: "http://pabx.spruce/cisco/asterisk.bmp" # IP address here
alternatively

and SIP<mac>.cnf:

# Image Version
image_version: "P0S3-8-12-00"
phone_label: " "

# Line 1 appearance
line1_displayname: "James"
line1_shortname:"200 James"
line1_name: 200
line1_authname: "200"
line1_password: "*removed*"

# Line 2 appearance
line2_displayname: "Work"
line2_shortname: "206 Work"
line2_name: 206
line2_authname: "206"
line2_password: "*removed*"

# Line 3 appearance
line3_displayname: ""
line3_shortname: ""
line3_name: UNPROVISIONED
line3_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"
line3_password: "UNPROVISIONED"

# Line 4 appearance
line4_displayname: ""
line4_shortname: ""
line4_name: UNPROVISIONED
line4_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"
line4_password: "UNPROVISIONED"

# Line 5 appearance
line5_displayname: ""
line5_shortname: ""
line5_name: UNPROVISIONED
line5_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"
line5_password: "UNPROVISIONED"

# Line 6 appearance
line6_displayname: ""
line6_shortname: ""
line6_name: UNPROVISIONED
line6_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"
line6_password: "UNPROVISIONED"

# Phone Prompt (The prompt that will be displayed on console and telnet)
phone_prompt: "SIP Phone" ; Limited to 15 characters (Default - SIP
Phone)

# Phone Password (Password to be used for console or telnet login)
phone_password: "*removed*" ; Limited to 31 characters (Default - cisco)

# User classifcation used when Registering [ none(default), phone, ip ]
user_info: none

Regards,
James.