[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Jack

Fabien COMTE fabien.comte at ercogener.com
Sat Oct 3 12:05:03 CDT 2009

Yes, it was build.

The problem is when I do a JACK_HOOK.
In app_jack.c the line jack_data->client = jack_client_open(client_name,
jack_options, &status); fails
It returns jack_data->client = NULL and status = 1

When I look in jack_sources/libjack/client.c
jack_client_open return this values when jack_get_tmpdir() fails

and jack_get_tmpdir() just launch a "jackd -l" command and should return the
result "/dev/shm". I don't know why it fails.
Maybe not enough rights or path env var is not accessible...

Do you you know if modules can access to the env variables ?

Thank you for your help.

Fabien