[asterisk-users] app_hackblock to prevent SIP/IAX reg trolling

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Fri Oct 2 13:42:06 CDT 2009

Has anyone written an app that monitors SIP/IAX registration attempts?  A
couple of clients are being flooded with SIP registrations (but the source
IP changes every few hours so IPtables won't do)..

I would think that any attempt to reg 5 times with a bad password should
cause a 5 minute timeout until reg is considered again.  Has anyone written
such an app?  The name app_hackblock is my contribution to the project :)

MD