[asterisk-users] No application 'ReceiveFAX' - Solved

Magnus Benngård magnus.b at inputinterior.se
Mon Nov 30 05:00:06 CST 2009

Did a recompile of everything, and then it started to work.
Must have missed somthing when I did the first compile, or I did something
in wrong order.

DId a test with a fax machine attached to a POTS interface on an Avaya CM,
H.323 trunk to
Asterisk. Manage to send from the fax machine to the Asterisk server.

Need to work on the T.38 and H.323 in the Asterisk, had to disable T.38 in
the Avaya CM to be able
to get the fax through. Can keep u posted if u are intrested in how it
goes.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:32:14 +0100, Magnus Benngård  wrote:   Hi!

Have probably not understand how fax is working in Asterisk 1.6.

I did install:

ptlib-v1_12_0
h323plus-v1_19_7
dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.0.2+2.2.0
spandsp-0.0.5
asterisk-1.6.2
asterisk-addons-1.6.2

make menuselect in asterisk-1.6.2 source directory shows: [*] app_fax

But "core show applications" doesnt show me any "fax applications" and
when I try to receive a fax:

exten => 960,1,Answer()
exten => 960,2,Wait(3)
exten =>
960,3,ReceiveFAX(/var/spool/asterisk/tmp/fax.tiff)

[Nov 30 09:29:18] WARNING[19893]: pbx.c:3677 pbx_extension_helper: No
application 'ReceiveFAX' for extension (inputinterior.se, 960, 3)

Can any "guru" guide me what I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
MAGNUS BENNGRD

Direktnr 031-799 89 75

Fältspatsgatan 2