[asterisk-users] VoiceMail greetings

matthieu Nicaise technique at thinkrosystem.com
Sat Nov 28 19:22:45 CST 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm using Asterisk ( 1.6.1.9 ) Voicemail.
For example, if i call extension *11 which is not registered, from
extension *12, i have no greetings at all, i only have the "please
leave a message after the beep".
I tried to record the busy, unavailable and temporary greetings for
extension *11 using VoiveMailMain and the file are well created on the
file system.

I cannot understand why those files are not played.

If i use VoiceMail(*11) in the extension.conf i have exactly the same
behaviour.
If i user VoiceMail(*11,b) the busy message is read.

Is that a normal behaviour ?
I can't understand why Asterisk is not using the Dial status
automaticaly.

Thank you for your help !

Matthieu NICAISE
Responsable technique