[asterisk-users] Polycom retrieve call from hold

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Sat Nov 28 17:48:13 CST 2009

Mike Diehl wrote:
> On Saturday 28 November 2009 06:54:16 am Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> Mike Diehl wrote:

>>> I'm running sip 1.6.6.0036 and bootrom 3.1.2.0011 and Asterisk
>>> 1.4.0-beta2.
>> You are running phone firmware that is many years old and a very old
>> version (not even an actual release) of Asterisk. While it shouldn't
>> stop working if it was working, moving to a more recent (and
>> supportable) version of the phone firmware and Asterisk would be wise.
>
> The phone is a Polycom 501; it's been discontinued.  I am working on a
> testing/migration plan to move to the latest Asterisk 1.6.x, but I'm hesitant
> to upgrade a system that doesn't currently work right.

While the Polycom 501 has been discontinued, you should still be using
the latest supported firmware for that phone which is 3.1.4

http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sip_sw_releases_matrix.html

The 3.x releases of the Polycom firmware have big improvements over the
1.6.x version you're currently using.

Darrick