[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2.0-rc6 + Teliax = First Part Of Audio File Playback Cut Off

Jeff Iddings jeff at iddings.us
Fri Nov 27 16:27:14 CST 2009

Good evening all, hope everyone in the US had a nice Thanksgiving!

On one of our internal servers, I decided to make the leap from 1.4.2x
to 1.6.2.0-rc6 so I could start learning about the changes and new
features that have been implemented. I upgraded all the configs, removed
all the deprecated stuff, etc -- well went well.

However, I noticed after the upgrade, when dialing into an
IVR/voicemail, the first part of every audio file that is played gets
cut off. This happens regardless of encoding of the file (ulaw/gsm) and
regardless of the incoming codec. However when using Echo() both tones &
voice are flawlessly echoed back to me, as are the Packet2Packet
bridging calls connected to remote phones.

I tested this issue with 3 other providers (Link2VoIP/Babytel/Junction
Networks) and I'm not experiencing this issue with them, despite having
identical peer configurations across for all 4.

Though with Teliax I'm using SIP, I did try to use IAX2 for the heck of
it and the same problem seems to exists, so it's not specific to SIP.
Additionally, I tried changing Teliax proxies just for the heck of it
and that made no difference.

--- Example of what I see and then hear... ---

-- <SIP/teliax-00000000> Playing 'vm-login.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/teliax-00000000> Playing 'vm-password.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/teliax-00000000> Playing 'vm-youhave.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/teliax-00000000> Playing 'vm-no.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/teliax-00000000> Playing 'vm-messages.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/teliax-00000000> Playing 'vm-opts.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/teliax-00000000> Playing 'vm-helpexit.ulaw' (language 'en')

In this case, I'd hear "gin" "essages". The 'password', 'youhave', and
'no' prompts are actually so short you don't hear them at all.

http://help.teliax.com/discussions/support/1924-asterisk-1620-rc6

---

I've contacted Teliax about this, but I suspect they're short handed due
to the holiday weekend. Has anyone experienced this with 1.6.x & Teliax?
And if so, what did you do to solve it (if anything)?

I'd hate to revert, I spent a lot of time redoing my configs. :)

Thanks in advance!

Jeff