[asterisk-users] Virtual Phone for CDR Logging

Philipp Roos [Inlogia GmbH] roos at inlogia.com
Fri Nov 27 06:08:16 CST 2009

Hi,

I am new to the list, so I hope my questions aren't too stupid.

I am using Asterisk 1.4.21.2 and already set it up to use realtime, so a CDR for an incoming SIP call is written in my mysql database. This works fine.

The problem is that I don't want to have my phone ringing all the time. I just need a CDR of everyone how is calling me and to read out the CDR from my PHP script. I tried to replace the Dial(SIP/6000|30) command in the extensions table by Ringing(),Wait(5),Busy() but now no CDR entry is created. Same with Ringing(),Wait(5),Hangup(). Looks like I need a Dial() command for CDR.

How can I create a virtual phone of some kind, so I get a CDR entry without actually accepting the call.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings Philipp