[asterisk-users] 1950's UK rotary dial phone

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Nov 26 16:02:47 CST 2009

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:05:52AM +0000, Mike wrote:

>>> Should not be needed. This parameter means that your Asterisk system
>>> dials with pulses rather than tones (prefixing 't' rather than 'p' to
>>> the dial string sent to DAHDI). I suppose this is not really what you're
>>> after.

>>> I wonder if anybody wants to follow up on
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/546329 (formly http://bugs.debian.org/399772 )
>>>

>> Thanks Tzafrir, that was it.  I have changed the fxs.debounce and
>> recompiled.  My rotary dialer lives again!
>>

> So what will it break if I apply this patch to wctdm.c ?
>
> Any reason not to apply it?

This fix has been around for several years, originally posted somewhere
by Max Park, and many users have applied it to systems used with antique
switching equipment.
I would hope it will find its way into the mainstream, and not just for
debian systems.
PLEASE
For the 3 percent of users who use pulse dial phones!

It still doesn't make asterisk as forgiving as an exchange or PBX, way
off speed dials and out of spec make break ratios will still fail, but
many more will not.

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot