[asterisk-users] Questions about Voicemail

Robert Lister robl at lentil.org
Wed Nov 25 10:27:41 CST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 14:46 -0500, Dovey Forman wrote:
> Regarding the email to multiple receipients, it is available on an ad-hoc
> basis from the phone?
>
> IE; call into the voicemail system, enter x digit to send a voicemail to
> multiple users, record the message, then enter the destination mailboxes,
> separated by  # sign...

You can enable an option in the voicemail that allows the prompt:

'To send a message to another user'...

sendvoicemail=yes ; Allow the user to compose and send a voicemail
                  ; while  inside VoiceMailMain() [option 5 from
                  ; mailbox's advanced menu]. If set to 'no',
                  ; option 5 will not be listed.

This would enable the option from within the vm app, but you want to do
a dynamic list of mailboxes to deliver to, so by the time we get here,
I think it's going to be to late to to anything useful (since we already
called the voicemail app.)

You could write some dialplan magic with a while loop, so that the user
can dial a specific extn (maybe call it 'group message') and then it
will prompt for a mailbox number, followed by #, or just # to end.

Then it could build this list of mailboxes as a variable before calling
the voicemail app.

I can attempt to build an example if you are interested.

Rob