[asterisk-users] 1950's UK rotary dial phone

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Nov 25 04:26:10 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:03:16PM +0000, Mike wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've got one of those GPO 1950's rotary dial phones that I'm trying to
> get working in the UK.  I've got pretty much everything working with my
> TDM400, the phone rings and I can receive calls but I cannot dial with
> the rotary dialer.  I have set pulsedial=true

Should not be needed. This parameter means that your Asterisk system
dials with pulses rather than tones (prefixing 't' rather than 'p' to
the dial string sent to DAHDI). I suppose this is not really what you're
after.

> or whatever the exact
> setting is and I can dial from the phone by lifting the receiver and
> tapping out the number on the hook.  However, using the rotary dialer
> does not work (works fine plugged into my phone line).  I have read
> about the possibilty that the pulse settings may need adjusting in
> kernel.h in the dahdi driver but I have no idea what to set them to.  I
> have tried tweeking them to various extents but I've not been able to
> bring it to life yet.  Does anyone have any experience getting this to
> work?  Does anyone know the specs for UK pulse dial?  How long should
> the pulses be and what is the gap between them?

I wonder if anybody wants to follow up on
http://bugs.debian.org/546329 (formly http://bugs.debian.org/399772 )

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com