[asterisk-users] Crosstalk - Is there a debug option for logging this?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Nov 24 13:29:02 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 14:05 -0500, JT wrote:
> I'm struggling with an intermittent crosstalk issue resulting in a
> caller's audio being broadcasted to other calls (only one way as they
> are unable to hear the others listening in).

Crosstalk like this isn't a common occurrence, especially on digital
audio paths.

> So my thoughts are leaning towards this NOT being an Asterisk issue,
> but instead being related to the telco (PRI) config...however without
> proper logging this is a guess.

I would lean that same direction, but it's not a common problem to see
on a PRI, so don't be surprised if your telco's first reaction is "It
can't be us... go talk to your PBX vendor".

> Is there a debug option in which I can see how Asterisk is routing the
> audio for callers?  This would at least allow me to capture logging of
> the call routing to determine if Asterisk is doing this or if it's
> occurring outside of my control.

Type "core show channels" at the Asterisk CLI to see each channel, and
what it's being bridged to.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager